Mammography and Breast Imaging PREP: Program Review and Exam Prep
A comprehensive review for the mammography registry examination – from an experienced educator and clinician who knows exactly what it takes to pass
Includes new coverage of the latest digital imaging technologies
Written by an instructor and mammography specialist at Stamford Hospital
Concise narrative text helps you to focus on essential concepts
Practice questions with answers referenced to the text allow you to gauge your comprehension of important material
Learning aids such as objectives and glossaries at the beginning of each chapter streamline the learning process
Numerous radiographs teach you to recognize good and bad films and normal circumscribed lesions and breast calcifications
High-quality diagrams help you learn correct patient positioning consistent with the American College of Radiography and the Mammography Quality Control Manual
Valuable during coursework to help you recognize and understand concepts that are likely to appear on the exam
A complete review for licensure that includes the history of breast imaging, breast cancer detection, and treatment (including new imaging methods and recent advances in digital mammography, MRI, BSGI, DBT, volumtetric ultrasound imaging, and Cone Beam Breast CT)
Paperback: 304 pages
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Medical; 1 edition (February 10, 2012)
Mammography and Breast Imaging: Just the Facts
This text offers a comprehensive yet concise coverage of breast cancer imaging, breast anatomy, plus accreditation and certification of mammography facilities. It is ideal for mammographers, educators, health care professionals and others interested in breast education.
Its highly efficient design conveniently condenses and simplifies only the most important content, for maximum yield and comprehension.
Standardized bulleted format emphasizes key points for breast anatomy, physiology, pathology, interventional procedures, mammographic technique, image evaluation and all current and experimental breast imaging modalities.
Logical organization provides quick access to specific topics.
Line drawing and radiographic images demonstrates positioning techniques and diagnostic comparisons.
Chapter quizzes improve self-assessment.
Best preparation for the ARRT mammography exam.
Lange Q & A Mammography Examination
Best preparation for the ARRT mammography exam.
Lange Q & A Mammography Examination is a review and self-assessment manual for radiologic technologists interested in the Advance Level Examination in Mammography. The manual follows the content category guidelines as specified in the examinee handbook, published by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT). This is a comprehensive one-step manual. Each chapter gives a brief summary of the material followed by a question and answer section.
Lange Q & A Mammography Examination is the most complete efficient and trusted tutor you can find for the ARRT exam
• Two simulated registry exam ensure the real test Is not your first test
• Registry-styled questions with answers and explanations at the end of each chapter
• All answers are fully –explained and cross-referenced to the appropriate text section
• Divided into five content categories: instrumentation and quality assurance; anatomy and physiology and pathology of the breast; mammographic technique and image evaluation; and positioning and interventional procedures
• Line diagrams explain positioning terminology consistent with the American College of Radiology and Mammography Quality Control Manual
• Radiographs illustrate pathology, film comparisons, normal circumscribed lesions and normal breast calcifications
Spanish for Radiology Professionals
The only Spanish book to include the terminology that is unique to all radiology departments.
With little or no knowledge of Spanish, you CAN communicate your instructions to your Spanish patients within minutes.
The Spanish includes a phonetic spelling guide for easy pronunciation.
Entries have been categorized. Chapters are devoted to prone and supine instructions as in CAT scans, MRI and Ultrasound, plus specific instructions for Mammography patients, and General x-ray studies.
There is a Spanish grammar and reference section for time, numbers, days, months, seasons, clothing, colors, and bone and body parts.
Pocket-sized for lab coats.
Most of the Spanish used is followed by a phonetic transcription (syllable by syllable), showing you how to pronounce the words.
Examples of entries: (The Spanish includes a phonetic spelling guide for easy pronunciation)
Can you...stand up? ¿Puede usted...pararse?
PWEH-deh oosTED ...pahRAHR-she
...open your mouth? ...abra la boca?
Spanish for Professionals in Radiology
- With little or no knowledge of Spanish, you CAN communicate your instructions to your Spanish patients within minutes.
- The Spanish includes a phonetic spelling guide for easy pronunciation.
- Pocket-sized for lab coats.
- Can you...stand up? ¿Puede usted...pararse? PWEH-deh oosTED ...pahRAHR-she
- ...lift/raise...your hand? ...levantar las manos? leh-BANtahr...las MAH-nos
- ...open your mouth? ...abra la boca? AH-brah lah BOH-kah
- Take off...your shoes. Quítese... los zapatos. KEEteh-seh... los sah-PAHtos
Life After High School: Traits that Help & Traits that Hurt
This no-nonsense text offers strategies for dealing with life after high school. The guide explains positive and negative traits that can help or hinder teens in their post high school life and gives readers tips to identify the path to success and avoid the route that often leads to failure.
- Price: $4.99 eBook:$2.99
- ISBN-13: 978-1-937143-14-5
- ISBN -13: eBook 978-1-937143-15-2
- Language: English
- Booklet: 40
- Product Dimensions: 5 x 8