Mammography and Breast Imaging PREP: Program Review and Exam Prep
A comprehensive review for the mammography registry examination – from an experienced educator and clinician who knows exactly what it takes to pass
Includes new coverage of the latest digital imaging technologies
- Written by an instructor and mammography specialist at Stamford Hospital
- Concise narrative text helps you to focus on essential concepts
- Practice questions with answers referenced to the text allow you to gauge your comprehension of important material
- Learning aids such as objectives and glossaries at the beginning of each chapter streamline the learning process
- Numerous radiographs teach you to recognize good and bad films and normal circumscribed lesions and breast calcifications
- High-quality diagrams help you learn correct patient positioning consistent with the American College of Radiography and the Mammography Quality Control Manual
- Valuable during coursework to help you recognize and understand concepts that are likely to appear on the exam
- A complete review for licensure that includes the history of breast imaging, breast cancer detection, and treatment (including new imaging methods and recent advances in digital mammography, MRI, BSGI, DBT, volumtetric ultrasound imaging, and Cone Beam Breast CT)
- Paperback: 304 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Medical; 1 edition (February 10, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0071749322
- ISBN-13: 978-0071749329
- Price:$60 (discounts available
Mammography and Breast Imaging: Just the Facts
This text offers a comprehensive yet concise coverage of breast cancer imaging, breast anatomy, plus accreditation and certification of mammography facilities. It is ideal for mammographers, educators, health care professionals and others interested in breast education.
- Its highly efficient design conveniently condenses and simplifies only the most important content, for maximum yield and comprehension.
- Standardized bulleted format emphasizes key points for breast anatomy, physiology, pathology, interventional procedures, mammographic technique, image evaluation and all current and experimental breast imaging modalities.
- Logical organization provides quick access to specific topics.
- Line drawing and radiographic images demonstrates positioning techniques and diagnostic comparisons.
- Chapter quizzes improve self-assessment.
- Best preparation for the ARRT mammography exam.
The twelve chapters cover:
- The history of breast cancer
- Patient education and assessment
- Breast anatomy and physiology
- Benign and malignant diseases of the breast
- Mammography screening equipment
- Mammographic processing and quality assurance
- Breast imaging using the current and most of the new and experimental modalities
- Breast cancer interventional techniques and treatment options
- An outline of the Mammography Quality Standards Act of 1992
Edition Description: New Edition
Edition Number: 1
Pub. Date: April 2005
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Companies, The